Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Elizabeth Flynn


This is a photo of Elizabeth Flynn Morey with Roy Thomas Flynn taken abt 1930 while visiting her brother Patrick and his family in Hamilton, Ontario. I obtained this photo from Roy's Daughter Susan.  Elizabeth was my Grandfather Stephen's sister making her my Great Aunt.  She was the sixth child of Stephen Sr and Mary Ann Flynn.

Elizabeth was born Oct 23, 1892 in Harbour Main, Newfoundland. She left Flynn's Hill when she was 18 years old,  moving to New York City, USA around 1910 with her older sister Mary Ellen. An U.S. Naturalization Document found through Ancestry.com shows her married to Robert John Morey in 1919 living in Boston, Mass. Robert was from Sandy Cove, NFLD

An U.S. Social Security Death Index found also through Ancestry.com documents her death in Feb 1973 at the age of 81 years.

This is all the information I have found regarding my Great Aunt Betty. I remember the story Uncle Ray shared about when he was young and receiving barrels of clothing from his Aunt Mary and Aunt Betty from New York.

I am hoping this post will bring forth more information about Elizabeth Flynn Morey.


                                                             Elaine

1 comment:

  1. Aunt Betty is buried in Woodlawn Cemetery, Everett, Massachusetts near her sister Mary Ellen Flynn Holden Morse. I am a member of this site and would like to communicate with you via email. Lorraine

    ReplyDelete